Alibaba Netpreneur Training: Rwanda Program #1
The inaugural Alibaba Netpreneur Training program organized by Alibaba Business School hosted 30 Rwanda-based entrepreneurs at the company’s global headquarters in Hanghzou to learn from Alibaba’s experience and the tools needed to run successful business in the digital era.
The 10-day course provided in-depth and country-specific training for entrepreneurs, especially those looking to digitize their operations. For the first Rwanda class, the class includes players in the ecommerce, fintech, tourism and logistics sectors, both online and off.
March 2 - 13, 2019 at Alibaba's headquarters in Hangzhou, China.
What will you learn?
• The key factors in Alibaba’s long-term success.
• The defining moments and failures that have shaped Alibaba’s journey (including the early stages of development).
• An understanding of Alibaba’s ecosystem.
What we cannot promise:
• The opportunity to partner with Alibaba.
• The opportunity to receive Alibaba investment.
We welcome those who are:
• Authentic, open-minded and altruistic leaders of the 'new economy'.
• Building enterprises for long-term success, not for short-term profit.
• Mission-driven and have a strong sense of purpose, integrity, vision and drive.
• Willing to learn and share their experiences and ideas.
• You MUST be a founder/co-founder or business owner of an officially registered venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
• Applicants below 40 years old.
• You MUST provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer are preferred).
• You MUST provide your official business license when requested during the application process.
• Female entrepreneurs and locals of the selected regions for each class are strongly encouraged to apply.
• 10-day program hosted at Alibaba’s campus in Hangzhou
• A lifelong learning and sharing experience
• Hotel accommodation (shared room).
• Daily meal allowance for breakfast (included in the hotel), lunch and dinner.
• Field trip and site visit transportation costs
Not covered (costs you must personally cover):
• Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China.
• Single hotel room requests (if you would like to stay in a single room you will be required to cover the full cost yourself).
• Additional food or personal expenses.
In the News
Teaching 'Digital Transformation' to Rwandan Startups
Alizila, March 11, 2019
Alibaba Business School Launches First Alibaba Netpreneur Training Program for Rwandan Entrepreneurs
Rwanda Development Board, March 11, 2019