Alibaba Netpreneur Training: Malaysia Programs #1 and #2
The Alibaba Netpreneur Training program will provide local Malaysian entrepreneurs and business leaders an opportunity to learn and explore how to harness digital technology to positively transform their businesses and the local economy. The 10-day program in Alibaba’s headquarters in Hangzhou, China, is organized by Alibaba Business School, in partnership with MDEC, MATRADE and SME CORP for passionate entrepreneurs and leaders in Malaysia who are committed to building strong businesses for lasting success.
We are excited that you are interested in joining this program. Please find full program details and enrollment criteria below.
To apply, please click the correct "Apply Now" application button (see right) for the program dates you will be available for.
• Program #1: March 23 - April 03, 2019 at Alibaba's headquarters in Hangzhou, China.
• Program #2: April 13 - 24, 2019 at Alibaba's headquarters in Hangzhou, China.
What will you learn?
• Fundamental understanding of how new technology and the capabilities of a digital economy enable national development.
• Key insights into the evolution of Alibaba’s ecosystem within a country-wide context, including failures, mistakes, and best practices through sharing’s from Alibaba’s founders and business leaders.
• Key learnings from traditional businesses from a wide range of industries who recently went through the digital transformation in China.
• Field trips and interactions with leading businesses within Alibaba’s ecosystem to provide first-hand insights into current innovations.
• A foundation of strategic thinking that will enable you to make improvements in your own businesses, industries, and ecosystem.
What we cannot promise:
• The opportunity to partner with Alibaba.
• The opportunity to receive Alibaba investment.
Who are we looking for?
The training program welcomes founders, co-founders or business owners who are:
• Passionate about progress in their home country and willing to explore long-term solutions for developing the digital economy.
• Committed to building strong businesses for lasting success, but also to creating communities that enable experience sharing and others to succeed.
• Curious, pragmatic, and willing to adapt to the capabilities of new technology in their home countries and tap into the global market.
• You MUST be a founder/co-founder or business owner of an officially registered venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
• You MUST provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer are preferred).
• You MUST provide your official business license when requested during the application process.
• Entrepreneurs and business leaders below 40 years old, female entrepreneurs and Malaysian business owners are strongly encouraged to apply.
• 10-day program hosted at Alibaba’s campus in Hangzhou
• A lifelong learning and sharing experience
• Daily meal allowance for lunch and dinner.
• Field trip and site visit transportation costs.
Not covered (costs you must personally cover):
• Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China.
• Hotel accommodation.
• Additional food or personal expenses.
Apply online: Program #1
The application will be open from December 17th 2018 to February 10th 2019.
Apply online: Program #2
The application will be open from December 17th 2018 to March 3rd 2019.
Malaysia Program #1
March 23 - April 03, 2019
The application for Malaysia program #1 will be open from December 17th 2018 to February 10th 2019.
Malaysia Program #2
April 13 - 24, 2019
The application for Malaysia program #2 will be open from December 17th 2018 to March 3rd 2019.