1. Promoter: Alibaba.com Singapore E-Commerce Private Limited, a company incorporated in Singapore with registered office address at 10 Collyer Quay # 10-01, Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315 (the “Promoter”).
2. Eligible Member: You must be registered as an international free member (i.e. your account shall not be one registered as a PRC account) of Alibaba.com in the capacity as a buyer. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are registered as an international free member of Alibaba.com in the capacity as both a buyer and seller, you are also an Eligible Member for this Event. Employees, officers and directors of the Promoter and their respective immediate family members, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and any other company involved in the Event, together with their agents are not eligible to enter.
3.Content of Your Posts:
3.1 You represent that all images, videos and/or any other content that you upload on to Alibaba.com pursuant this Event and your Alibaba.com username and account portrait (the “Content”) is in compliance with applicable laws and, if they do contain images of persons, they do not include the images of persons other than yourself. If the Content includes images of persons other than yourself, then you have obtained the consent of such persons to share the Content in the ways contemplated under these Official Rules. If such persons are minors (as defined in the applicable jurisdictions), you represent that you have obtained the parental consent of the applicable minors.
3.2 You undertake to ensure that all Content you share does not contain any material that a reasonable person would find offensive or sensitive (as determined in the Promoter’s sole discretion), including but not limited to (i) material in connection with pornography, “adult pictures”, adult entertainment venues, escort services, dating services, or the like, (ii) in connection with the advertisement or promotion of tobacco products, (iii) any political messages, such as the promotion, advertisement or endorsement of any party, candidate or elected official, or in connection with any political policy or viewpoint, or (iv) immoral or criminal activities (collectively, the “Objectionable Content”).
3.3 You undertake to ensure the Content shall not infringe or violate any third-party rights (including any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights), shall not contain (or refer to) any trade mark, logo, trade name, slogan, product, or service other than those of Alibaba.com or the Trade Assurance order protection service, and shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and public policies. Unless expressly stated in these Official Rules, nothing shall be interpreted as conferring any expressed or implied license to the intellectual property rights of Alibaba.com to you.
3.4 You grant Alibaba.com a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license to all present and future rights, title and interest in all intellectual property (including, without limitation, any trademark, copyright, publicity, and database rights, and the right to prepare derivative works) you have in the Content, to use and/or reproduce the Content in any form, media or technology now known or not currently known and for any purpose (including as online and/or offline marketing material for any future promotional campaigns which may be organized by the Promoter and/or its affiliates from time to time, including on Alibaba.com, or the Promoter’s and/or its affiliates’ web sites or social networking sites). You irrevocably and unconditionally waive any and all moral and similar rights vesting in your Content to the extent legally permissible.
3.5 You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant the license under Clause 8.4 to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
3.6 You agree that the Promoter has the right to cancel or revoke your eligibility to participate in the Event (including to remove any Content uploaded by you) without liability to you if the Promoter is of the view that you have uploaded Objectionable Content and/or any Content which may potentially infringe or violate any third party rights.
4. Conflict of Terms and Conditions:
4.1 In case of any discrepancy in the content between the English and other non-English language versions of these Official Rules (if any), the English version shall prevail.
4.2 In the event that any of the terms under these Official Rules conflict with rules and/or any such related information displayed elsewhere on Alibaba.com, the terms under these Official Rules shall prevail.
5. Disclaimer: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, In no event will the promoter be liable to YOU for any direct, INDIRECT, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in thIS EVENT, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not THE PROMOTER HAS been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
6. Disputes: You acknowledge and agree that the Promoter or any of its affiliates shall not be responsible, and shall have no liability to it or anyone else for any dispute or claim that arises out of the your participation in the Event.
7. Governing Law: You agree that this Event is governed, interpreted and enforced by the laws of Hong Kong, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any and all legal actions, claims or proceedings arising out of, or in connection with this Event must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Hong Kong.